For this original design I combined gemstones and ordinary beads to create this amazingly attractive earrings.
Earrings: 6 cm / 2.4"
The other pieces of the set
Ring size: 18
Pendant: 7.3 cm / 2.9"
Length of necklace including pendant:44 cm / 17.3"
Lapis Lazuli: ancient cultures viewed is as a gemstone connected to the sky – being given names such as “Light of the gods”.
Lapis Lazuli has been worn by kings and priests for thousands of years. The ancient Egyptians used it extensively for jewelry and ornaments. Its qualities include:
- Knowledge and wisdom
- Love and faithfulness
- Passion – the Romans believed that it was an aphrodisiac
- Strengthening of physical, mental and psychic powers
- Overcomes shyness
This mystical looking gemstone has associations with the moon and the goddess Diana. The Moonstone has a history of association with the following meanings:
- Helps to calm and balance the emotions
- Brings out the “feminine qualities” – gentleness and intuition
- Used by gemstone healers for balancing hormone cycles
- Enhances passion for couples when worn at full moon
- heals damaged relationships and creates new ones
- Bestows good fortune upon the wearer